Tuesday, April 23, 2013

COLOR COMBOS GALORE - INSPIRATIONAL BOARD 241 "LOVE ALWAYS"

Well its reveal day today, or should I say yesterday.....  This time difference can throw you just a little.

The colours this week had a bit of a Christmas feel for me, however I settled on a fun picture of my daughter and one of her friends she made on a cruise a few years ago.  As I mentioned in my last post I found these pictures on her computer, I will scrap them and unbeknown to her she is going to journal them...lol


Janet and Camille did a fantastic job coming up with this weeks palette although I did struggle a little with the stone colour.  Its one of the colours that I couldn't find anything remotely close without it being to light or dark.  In the end I got out my trusty Jo Sonja paints and made a mix of Hookers Green, Paynes Grey, Nimbus Grey and some Green Oxide and whilst when it wet it looked the perfect colour yet it dried much lighter than what I was expecting. 

Lesson:  Watering down said colour can cause it to dry much lighter.  And for some reason I always seem to focus on the hardest colour and spend way to much time fussing about over it, maybe the lesson should be to use a tiny little bit and tuck it away some where on my page...hmmm next time.


However I was happy with the overall page and it did push me try a colour I wouldn't normally use.



This week I used Inspirational picture 3, can you spot what the focus might have been?

This week I'm going to pass on the product list as this really was just made from scraps out of my stash.

If you do have some time this week we would love for you to come along and play at CCG.  Remember if you become and active member by submitting and commenting on others work you have the opportunity to be a Guest Designer.  

Bye for now and have a great week!!!




Pin It!

13 comments:

  1. A nice background and fun photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how this page flows drawing the eye to the photo, it's really lovely Fi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Fi this is just absolutely amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, Fi! Really love your watercolor splotches, and the black stamping really pops! So many fabulous layers and bits, and full of beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,Fi, this layout is awesome! Love the beautiful splashed background and cluster of pretty embellishments. Great design! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your design!!! And oh my Fi.... this layout is beautiful!!! Love the splotches of paints on the background..those blooms... and butterfly...Absolutely gorgeous!!! Hugs...x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one gorgeous LO Fi. Love the colour combo, the composition and all the pretty details.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely AMAZING as usual Fi!!!! You are so very detailed in everything you make!!! I LOVE your work and always look to you for inspiration!!! Great job :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic layout Fi! Incredible background!!! This page is WOW!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely LOVE this page !!! Every thing about it...your great photo, the background and all those little details that add so much interest and richness, it's wonderful. I also love your attention to getting the colours "right" and by the way I think you have nailed these colours, but matching colours for a "colour challenge" is hard and really does require some time and playing around with mixing to try to replicate exactly the colours required. I think you've done it perfectly. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh Fi, this is absolutely fabulous! Love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the page Fi! Looks great! I love the green colour 'splat'

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely gorgeous layout. Love the green on the background. It just 'floats' there in the background creating a perfect backdrop for that cool photo and all the beautiful design elements.LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete