Friday, September 2, 2011

Color Combos Galore - 207

This weeks colours didn't really mesh well with me, not sure why....I loved the picture and thought it was super cool but I didn't really get my creativity flowing and the colours just seemed a little on the dowdy side. But hey its a colour challenge and sometimes we are not going to get the colours that we want. Okay you could just look at these as simply brown, lilac, cream and red but then what would be the point.

This is a colour challenge so the challenge is then on you to get as close as possible, okay a shade difference that's okay, but ensuring that the correct tones show on your page is what I endeavor to do. For me I am happy when I upload the Palette to the my blog and see my colours pretty close, rather than wondering what Palette I was looking at.

So after pulling paper after paper out and mixing a batch of Raw Sienna with a dash of Olive Green for the Brown Nose Professor, I had to discard and just use papers I really didn't have time to wait for paint to dry, was running a little short of time due to my daughter going for her driving test. The only test she could book and not have to wait for 2 months was about a hours drive away, which was on Tuesday.... nope she did not pass, apparently she didn't do enough shoulder checks. Okay then, so you can do everything else right but apparently not look away from the road enough times. Upset but not perturbed she stumbled across a cancelled appointment, again 45mins away and passed with only two minors, this instructor wanted her to use her rear mirror more.....hmmm

So I'm guessing this is where the real stress begins....lol Her first night out on her own to the movies with friends and on arrival forgot to ring us just to let us know she arrived safely. I'm sure it will get easier.

Now for a quick run down on what I did this week and the products that were used.



I used the following products for the "Brown Nose Professor" 7Gypsy seam binding Fabrique en China, Core Impressions Jenni Bolwin Studio, I sanded this so that I also had the "Words on White" come through. Fancy Pants Alpha Its the little things.


I did a heap of layers using the following products. Basic Grey - Out of Print "Odds and Ends" which has words printed on it as part of the Designers Challenge, I have punched this with MS border punch. Other prints are from BG - Pyrus Rosales, MME Sunshine Adore, and some Sassfrasslass for cutouts. Journalling blocks are BoBunny Party Notes. From the MME paper I cut the doily pattern out, inked and dotted with perfect pearls. The main background paper is from Green Shabby Door, it already had the script words and a slight mauve print in it.



I rubbed rubons from Kaiser randomly around the page PennyRoyale. Other stickers are from Crate Paper Portrait Collection. I used some Websters vellum in the corner of the picture.



This is another picture that my Sister In Law took of my DD whilst we were holidaying in Kalgoorlie, she is standing at the front of the tourist part of the KCGM Super Mining Pit.

Thanks for looking, sorry I was a little long winded with the journalling, for those who did read it all. And I would also like to thank those who regularly stop by and leaving comments. Thanks....


Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Being the mother of a teenaged driver is not a lot of fun, especially at the beginning....it does get better! You really made this colour challenge work - love the layered look you created and the floral cascade beneath the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have managed to make those grungy colours into something so pretty and feminine, love how you have all the layers poking out from under the main strip across the middle! Tx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your creative juices did flow in this one...this is absolutely gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! I love everything about this stunning lo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to your DD, mine has just sent of for her provisional, god help us! Loved this one, so much to look at and so many gorgeous layers, take care, Doreen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is absolute beautiful Fi.. you are a legend!!!... you nailed it!!! hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete