Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Color Combos Galore 196

Another great colour combo over at CCG, although its a little hard to be inspired by summer pictures whilst we are dealing with this cold weather. I was able to find some pictures taken of my children a couple of years ago whilst we were down at the beach.

My blue is photographing more blue than green and my photo programme is turning it more turquoise, those who know me know I'm a little bit of a colour Nazi...lol I hate when the layout photographs differently to what they actually look like in real life. I don't have time to take a photo in the morning and get it up in time so today I am making do.





Products used: Background cardstock is Vintage by BBasics, other papers are Junkitz Filigree, Senci Route Charlotte and Sassafraslass Mix & Mend. Stickers are from Hambly, Echo Park and Pink Paislee. All cutouts have been hand cut from K & Company, DCWV & Prima papers. LYB overlay was placed over the two photos. Other products used are TM die cut, perfect pearls and kindy glitz.

I have had such a super busy weekend searching for a car for my teenage daughter, its hard to believe when you look back at photos such as these how quickly time flys. This is why I do not scrap in any order, I love scrapping older photos, its such a great way to reminisce.

Thanks for looking and for any comments you may leave, they are always appreciated.


Pin It!

9 comments:

  1. You did such a great job here Fi! Loving the clusters & dimension & I agree that not stressing about scrapping in chronological order is definitely the way to go...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love the side view of your page Fi, it really shows all the details and dimensions so well. I don't think the colours are off but of course you would want them to show exactly the way they are IRL! Really love all the fussy cut details and the photographs are just beautiful, giving such a genuine feel. The little handmade blooms are so cute and the layered one really stand out. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, I could never scrap in chronological order!
    Love the embellies and especially the film strip and the rope/twine on the second photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HiFi, this is amazing, love how it all swirls and flows down the page, genius, also like how you journalled around the pic, reminded me of waves, have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helloo sweet girl!

    Seems I am going to be able to leave you a comment today..:-D
    I love your page (of course..) and the colours look fine to me. I love the transparency over the two photos and all the layered elements and flowers.
    Like you I love to scrap whichever pics I choose at any time. I could not do it any other way.I would be blocked if I needed to do all chronologically. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your layout is amazing! You have so many beautiful elements and you've achieved wonderful dimension. I adore your owl...

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok it is canvas - ultra cool! And I suspect its really a bright robins egg blue and you are just pretending its the green blue for the challenge. Like a color nazi trick! HA HA HA!!! no, I have those papers so I know its right. I will say that my monitor is calibrated and still when I print it out on photo paper at high res, its still a totally different color because the monitor is backlit. I never know which is right.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so funny Susan, sometimes the colour is hard to match but that is simnply the challenge for me to get it right, otherwise what is the challenge about. But hey that is just me I don't obiously expect everyone else to have the same high expectations... cough cough cough...lol Thanks for your comments ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW this might be the most amazing layout i've ever seen! love it!! no really.. i LOOOOOVE it!

    ReplyDelete