Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Color Combos Galore 188

The colours this week inspired me to do a vintage page with a touch of elegance. My DD took a camera on a school excursion at Gold Rush Eureka when she was 10, between her and friends they did manage to get a few good shots. The film was a black and white but when I picked them up they had been printed out in sepia, perfect for this weeks colours as well.





I used some old MM Jigsaw range chipboard, I altered these by covering, inking and spritzing with glimmer mist. Then decorated with lots of little bits from my stash. Background is cardstock that I dry embossed with hearts and inked. Photo mat is Bling Bazzill Diamond. Flowers are cut from a Bella paper and for some reason the top spray has photographed a lot lighter than the bottom. I have popped 2 tags in behind two of photos for my DD to journal on. I hand stitched some hearts in taupe DMC thread. Other Chipboard is from Dusty Attic and Elements Collection. Mini Doily's are Matha Stewarts. Thanks for looking and for any comments that you may leave.


Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. When I first looked at this I thought how different from your usual stylee it was but when you take a closer look it is still full of the little details that make it yours! The pictures are so sweet just a shame she didnt bring you home a nugget or two!! Great job Fi I love it. Tracee x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really is a stunning piece! Such a simple grid design yet you have jollied it up so fabulously!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad they printed your photos in sepia! LOL Fantastic page. What color are your wellies? will there be a layout about them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOOHOOO!!... Beautiful.... Fi...hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw this over at CCG had to pop over and say how gorgeous it is, love the design.

    ReplyDelete