Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Color Room 50

I loved the Challenge of these white wash colors although I don't find the colors are showing up as good when photographed. The photo is of my son that my sister in-law photographed whilst he was over in Perth.

I decided to go with some old and new Basic Grey papers. The old Phresh & Phunky and Vagabond card folders were used for mats and I also used the matching monograms and I randomly stitched around the page. At the bottom of the paper I have used white paint and Tim Holtz stamp and then applied mesh, magic dotti and mirco beads.

I couldn't pass by the Dusty Attic brick lazer cut, I altered this by painting, micro beading and I also used puffy paint. I was trying to achieve a grungy yet soft layout to describe my son at that age.





Kind & Sensitive

Kind and Sensitivea
Thanks for looking and I hope you enjoyed looking. If you have any questions feel free to ask.


Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. loving the grungy look of this one and what a fabulous use of those card folders (you have given me ideas now!) The little brick bits are a great touch and I am sure when I look at this again I will see a ton of stuff I have missed, that's what I love about your layouts you can look time and again and always see something new, Great job hon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!
    The page was wonderful!
    I love your overlays these layers were beautiful.
    Congratulations for your beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Fi - don't know how I missed this one in TCR - in fact I do - it's because sooooooooooooo many people enter there that is's all a bit overwhelming & I just haven't had the time this week to go through all the entries! The tape you asked me about is called washi tape - it came in my Studio Calico kits - and some manufacturers, like Pink Paislee, sometimes have it for sale as a co-ordinating item with their paper ranges. At first I didn't know what to do with it but it's actually quite funky stuff...

    ReplyDelete